Hey Mom, What's for dinner?

August 2, 2010

Suburbs for me, please.














Chet lined up an appointment for us to visit the new City Creek Condos downtown. I wanted to see if I could ever live downtown. I had pictured us living out our golden years within walking distance of everything CITY: plays, Temple, Jazz games, restuarants... but actually seeing the condos was a big disappointment to me. It sort of felt like staying at the "Residence Inn." This condo is listed at almost 2 million dollars, and botton line: I felt hemmed in.














Here is a third floor view of Temple Square.

I came home and ran through the sprinklers and felt so happy to have my own grass.

3 comments:

amanda said...

Where are the pictures of you running through the sprinklers:)
Those condos look pretty cool for city kind of people. I too, love the suburbs. Brett loves the country so it doesn't look like we'll be living in the city.

Shauna said...

I always loved the idea of downtown living but I think I am like you, love the idea of it not the reality

Wcc Cannon Family said...

Ditto--I was so disapointed in the amount of space you got for the price. It dashed all my dreams of living downtown. I too have never been so thankful for my home. I loved it when you asked the salesman if the wooden floors were pergo? He said well yes but that they have a thin layer of real wood. They looked like something you wood put in a track home not a million dollar home. The only good thing about living in city creek is if you and Tee were our neighbors and the pool would have been in our building.
Still looking for paradise. Opps I just had to look out on the deck and see the blue bird drinking out of the water fountain-- I found it.