Hey Mom, What's for dinner?

November 26, 2007

Cocoa Puffs vs. Cocoa Roos


First I want to make a couple brief comments:
1. "I have no clue why I am blogging...I mean I am so far removed from being the typical blogger type...I mean, I know there are those who blog and self promote...but I am like so different from them...really, my reasons for blogging are to not draw attention to how amazing I am and how much I have accomplished"
2. Now that I have made it crystal clear that my intent is 100% pure and that I am a super humble guy who only wants to use this blog as a place give my unbiased opinion about my life and others (if not convinced then please re-read my previous comment) I feel it necessary to add that I am pretty much a sweet bro who has accomplished a lot
Now on topic to what this blog is all about...my Mom's love for Cocoa Puffs...I must say that I am an eye witness to this phenomenon...several times I have made midnight runs (when I say midnight I really mean by my mom's standards which is actually 9:30pm since she usually goes to bed at 9pm) to go get Cocoa Puffs...one issue that has come up is how I often bring them home for her and then finish the box myself...for which I feel necessary to both apologize and take responsibility (HOLY COW!!! MY VERY FIRST APOLOGY!!! Wow that feels so good, all this time I never knew it would feel so good...had only listened to Shauna's advice much sooner when she told Mom that "TR never says he's sorry"...but back to the story)...so I often buy her a box and eat the remaining 90% after she goes to sleep...what can I say? there Cocoa Puffs...
As this story continues, I decided two weeks ago to pick up a synthetic form of Cocoa Puffs known as "Cocoa Roos" made by a company I will not mention (rhymes with Shmalt-o-meal). "These are not Cocoa Puffs!" my mom said "Yes they are, the are just cheaper and you get more of them" (which is the kind of comment that has actually become synonymous with my name...i.e. that I buy cheap stuff because it has a greater quantity over quality)
"They don't make the milk taste as chocolatey as Cocoa Puffs do", our battle continued. "OK, fine" I finally gave up...luckily I bought her two boxes of actual, official, name brand Cocoa Puffs so that I didn't have to step back into the cold to run to Smiths for more cereal...long story short I had to eat my mistake (literally) and I ate the giant $5 bag of Coco Roos...at first it was OK, but after a week I was feeling Coo-Coo (and not for Cocoa Puffs)...so for those who really want to know which chocolate cereal is better, I think both taste pretty much the same...anything that comes in that large of a quantity is going to taste gross if that is all you eat for a week...but then again there is an individual who would strongly disagree with me...and after all she is the one who I make "midnight" runs to Smiths for...let alone has an entire blog dedicated to her love for Cocoa Puffs...you may want to ask her which one she likes better...but then again, I assume you already know the answer...
TR
PS-I don't anticipate too much self promoting going on for me in the near future so I may not write as much on this blog...but I do graduate from school in April so maybe I will scan in a copy of my diploma and post it here...also I can do 50 push ups so maybe I will make a You Tube video of that...til then...




4 comments:

Debbie said...

This is crazy!

Debbie said...

T.R. You have to stop staying up so late!!!

Becky, yep said...

TEEEEE-RRRRRRRR!!!
Ps, Great first appology, what a break-through!

Anonymous said...

Makes you wonder, who is really Cucckoo for Cocoa Puffs?