We met at 07:30 (Military time, are you impressed, Dave?)for instruction and breakfast.
We went out to the airfield.
This was ours.
Colonel Olsen boarded us all.
Strapped in and ready to go.
We headed out over the west desert. I had never seen the sand dunes before. There is a lot of desert in Utah! Sometimes we flew 30 feet above the ground. Sometimes, 9,900 feet above the ground.
Approaching St. George. We had lunch there, watched a presentation about our soldiers (God Bless them.) then headed over to Zions.
Zion's National Park. While winding through Zions, 2 people got sick.
Bryce Canyon
We landed in Springville for a very short time.
You would be shocked to see how fast people gathered with cameras to see the helicopter.
We took off and went up the east side of Utah County.
It got hot, so we flew with the doors open. The breeze helped the sick ones.
Then down the West side of Salt Lake County. Reocognize this? What a beautiful state we live in.
Touchdown. What a day!
Roger, over and out.
6 comments:
Wow! What an awesome day. You are so spoiled and I am so jealous. The view of the Manti temple is cool. it is the Manti temple right??
Nope. Oquirrh Temple right before we landed.
So Cool Mom! What an experience! I loved all the pictures. I would love to do that someday!
How lucky!! I bet you will remember that forever. Was it scary?
you are SOOOO spoiled! You elected offical, you!
You are brave!
Post a Comment