Yesterday, I realized this:
On my nightstand is a book I read at night called "1434, the Year a Magnificent Chinese Fleet sailed to Italy and ignited the Renaissance."
When I drive in the car I listen to "Under Enemy Colors" a novel about the French and English Navel War in the 1700's. Doesn't sound good, but it has won an Audio Award and it IS good.
When I cook, I listen to "Esperanza Rising" a very good children's book.
I am also reading and enjoying "Julie and Julia, 365 Days, 524 Recipes, 1 Tiny Apartment Kitchen", a book about Julia Child's cookbook.
Plus this one that is a quick read:
"Life on the refrigerator door, notes between a Mother and a Daughter"
I think it is a way I am checking out of the world around me right now. But very interesting books!
Hayden’s HOME
1 year ago
5 comments:
way over my head...back to Duckies. I love duckies. ;)
I don't really love duckies, Kam!
Deb, I love knowing what people are reading (even if I never read it). All of those sound GOOD! I too (as we talked about) loved Esperanza Rising. I have always thought Julia Child was so cool(who didn't start cooking until later in life, which gives me hope) & I think they are making a movie about that book. The mother-daughter fridge notes book sounds good too.
Thanks
Oh Debbie - way too many books.
I am with you on checking out of our world right now. Hopefully, your trip to Montana will be an easier fix than reading fifteen hundred books about every different country or language or meal - ha ha.
Can't wait until you get back into town to see you at the house. You always bring a little (much needed) comic relief, as well as a sweet motherly influence.
See you soon -
Enjoy your trip!
Dawn
Debbie,
I am sorry for the loss of your best friend...I so enjoyed getting to know more about her today at her funeral and it was nice to meet you as well. I love all of your daughters, from what I know of them via blogging and going to high school with Kami. I hope you will have peace and comfort in the loss of Kathy.
Love,
Adrian Gatherum
Post a Comment