When Kathy died, we asked her family if we could make a 9-patch square and put it in Kathy's casket and they said yes, we could. We met and stitched the small square with 8 of our hearts surrounding Kathy's. Many tears were shed as we quilted. I doubt we will ever stop missing her.
Hayden’s HOME
10 months ago
9 comments:
I love that you guys did that. It really was special.
I'm so sorry about Kathy & I feel so sad for you. What a nice & fitting thing to give her a quilt from her quilting friends.
What a special thing to do for her. I'm so sorry. It's hard to lose a friend. I'm sure she felt loved by her quilting friends!
I know I will never stop missing her.
That was a neat thing for you guys to do.
I still can't believe she's gone:(
I'm sorry about your friend. What a neat thing you did with the quilting squares!
Could you e-mail me - ckthomasson@gmail.com
The title of your post is so emotional. There will be less stitches and you will all miss them.
I read this and just cried and cried. Big Surprise - since almost everything makes me cry these days.
I am very sensitive and my heart hurts when I think of you and my mom. She loved the quilting club. She looked forward to the juicy stories and the finished product and of course what was going to be served and how it was presented. HUM seems I inherited a lot of those traits. Notice - I didn't say "she loved to sew" Sewing made her swear! You all made some beautiful quilts.
I hope you are doing well. I think we are all doing the best we can.
Thank you for the beautiful white square you placed with Mom. It was so sweet. She loved you all so much.
I'm sure that Kathy loved that you guys did that for her. I know how much Kari enjoys quilting with you girls. You guys are luck to have such great friends. So sorry about Kathy. Cancer SUCKS!
What a beautiful thing to do. I am so touched and I didn't even know her.
Post a Comment