Hey Mom, What's for dinner?

May 6, 2009

The dear mothers in my life

Mom, my mom.

My mom is such a good mom. She is always there for us. She is the best cook, bar none. And there is no better meal planner on earth, is there, girls? (ha ha) Actually she is the best homemaker. She is why I love the homemaking arts so. (It's because we had to clean the house twice a week every week growing up!!) As my parents age, she has her hands full and while we are all far away from her, we think of her often and are very thankful for her.

Mom with Preston and me.


Mom, Dad and A.J.B.

The second Mom in my life

Ina with her daughter, Tee's sister, Tami.


I could never have asked for a better mother-in-law. She is kind, fun and we all call her a "Party-girl" because she rarely turns down an invitation. She loves the kids and we all love her.

My daughters, 3


Shauna is the most patient, loving mom I have seen. I marvel at her ability to run a 7 person home with the ease she does. They are lucky kids to have her.


Becky is a very good mom who adds a lot of fun. They just finished reading as a family the first, second and third Harry Potters, then watched each movie when they were done. The kids already love reading.

Kami has 2 bright happy kids. She is a loving, good mom who makes sure her children learn as they go. Avery is on her 2nd year of swimming lessons, And Aiden is aready making some "talking sounds".
Good mothering is one of life's rich blessings.

7 comments:

amanda said...

A good weekend to honor our special mothers. There really isn't anything more special than a mother-daughter relationship. I am celebrating by going out with Jane today.

Dawn said...

You are a great mom.
You had great examples.
You have raised three wonderful mothers.
You have become a great "stand-in" mom this year and I thank you.
Happy Mother's Day!!

kami @ nobiggie.net said...

We are all surrounded by such great mothering examples. I love you Mom! Happy Mother's Day.

ps. Could you have picked a worse pic of me?!
;)

Anners said...

There is nothing better than a GOOD mom! What a nice tribute to the moms in your life. I hope you had a wonderful mother's day!

Becky, yep said...

Thank you Mom...I love the moments that i realize I did something just as you would have. I think you are such a wonderful mother and hope I am like you!

martins said...

Excuse me?!! Where is the picture with me and my son, Charlie?

Granny said...

What a beautiful tribute to all of the moms in your life. It really touched me.