Hey Mom, What's for dinner?

May 3, 2009

Lemon, lemon, lemon!

My Mom makes the BEST pies. Her apple is unbeatable. In our family, pie must be pronounced with a very strong southern accent. I can't even spell it how we say it, but a few weeks ago, Annie came up and said, "Are we having 'Pah' for dessert?"That cracks me up. But here is today's variety - my favorite: lemon Meringue!

7 comments:

Shauna said...

My girls say "Pah" now, funny. That looks yummo!

kami @ nobiggie.net said...

That looks so good! Did you use the lemon curd I gave you?

ps. Call me with Mother's day ideas. :)

Debbie said...

I froze the lemon curd to be used with an angelfood cake and whipped cream. Thanks.

Dawn said...

Does Tee like this??? With all the eggs???

I am not one for Lemon Pie with whipped eggs on top, but I must say, the pie LOOKS much more appetizing then the angel food cupcake. I am sure they both tasted yummy!!

I wish I could cook...

By the way, how are you feeling??

Laurie said...

Jim's favorite kind of pie!

Debbie said...

How fun to have Laurie comment. I will make Jim one next time we are together!!

Debbie said...

Dawn, Tee doesn't know there are eggs in the pie and he LOVES it. But he still talks about Kathy eating 1/2 of an egg salad sandwich. If she was here, she wouldn't be president.