In honor of Julia Child, I decided to make her potato soup. It was the first recipe that Julie Powell made from the cookbook. Learn about Julie and Julia
here, or better yet, read the book. It's good. So I was excited to make it. At the same time, I decided to make some "Market Street" Clam Chowder.(Google it if you want to)
Both soups are made with a potato base. Here they are:

Julie Child's "Potage Parmentier "

and the clam chowder.
My opinion-- NO CONTEST.
The Market Street Clam Chowder is
way better tasting.
As to my presentation:
Where is
Ali when I need her???
4 comments:
The bottom one looks so good. As for the top one? well...
Let's all go see the movie together!
ps. I think we all need some help from Ali the foodie for sure. :)
The bottom one looks better than the top for sure. Soup on a 95 degree day? I can't talk I made shepherds pie.
Can we bag the baseball game and just do an all girls cooking class???? Come on, I could really use the help!!
My mom LOVED the clam chowder so I am voting for the chowder for sentimental reasons...I am sure they both taste delicious.
Mine always turns out to be cream of clam...yuck! Yours looks great! not the potatoe one...looks like bean soup.
Post a Comment