Hey Mom, What's for dinner?

December 23, 2009

Merry Christmas!

Random thoughts:
On my way to school today, I remembered my Grandfather Markle and sent him thoughts of love, then I went through my list of those who have gone ahead and sent them all thoughts. When I got to school, this poem came with our paychecks.

When Christmas bells are swinging above the fields of snow,
We hear sweet voices ringing from lands of long ago,
And etched on vacant places
Are half-forgotten faces
Of friends we used to cherish, and loves we used to know.

— Ella Wheeler Wilcox


I think that is why Christmas is so happy/sad. Maybe tender is a better word.

Anyway, We had to work until 1:00 today. It doesn't give us much time to feel Christmas. Today, Stella, whom I work with at school let her hair down in front of me and I about fainted.

















She always wears it up and none of us had any idea her hair was so long. She trims it twice a year and it hasn't stopped growing. It was so healthy also. Crazy.

I hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas full of love and fun!

6 comments:

Lisa Cannon said...

Wow! Her hair is so long. I don't think I could handle that.

Merry Christmas!

jenn said...

Tender times, holidays without our loved ones are so hard. Thanks for your post...sweet poem. Hope you have a Merry Christmas this year with your sweet family. I loved your christmas card.

Shauna said...

Such good thoughts about your grandpa and those we can't be with this Christmas. That hair is really unbelievable it would be heavy.

kami @ nobiggie.net said...

What a sweet poem. Merry Christmas, Mom. See you tomorrow night.

Becky, yep said...

Mine will be filled with love and happiness because I'll be with MY PEOPLE!
See you soon!
I love you!

Dawn said...

I loved what you wrote. Funny how holidays bring all sorts of emotions. I have enjoyed them all already today...
I wonder if Christmas is less stressful in heaven?? :)

Have a Merry Christmas!!