I never imagined adoption to be this way. I used to think, “Oh how nice...They adopted a baby.”
But now I know the great emotion that surrounds this event. First, I want to say thank you to Megan and Melanie and Greg. Megan will probably never go through anything that hard or selfless again. Because I have been a mother, I felt her pain as she came to her decision. This was truly a BITTER-SWEET process.
Our whole family understands what Megan did for Kami, Kyle and Avery and all of us. She blessed all OUR lives with her decision.
Now I believe SHE will be blessed as she sees Aiden grow in this good little family. Kami and Kyle are loving, caring parents who have had their hearts broken many times. When we, as Kami’s parents, saw her face when she came into the house, we felt a great spirit of joy and comfort.
Tee asked me the other night, “Could a little boy have a better father than Kyle?” I think little Aiden is very lucky to have them both for parents.
One of my nieces, Rachel said today that on Wednesday night she prayed that Megan and her family would be comforted and have peace. We also have been praying for all of them...Megan, her family, Kami and Kyle, Avery and Aiden. We welcome this new little life. This feels like a miracle to us.
5 comments:
Thanks, Mom. This post made me cry. We feel so blessed to have him and to have had this experience. Megan is such a special girl.
Well said! I can't wait to meet Megan and tell her in-person how much I love and appreciate her! I'm so glad she's part of our family now!
I am so happy for your family. I can't wait to meet him. Miracles happen, I know they do. Congratulations Grandma Deb!!
It's hard not to think of Megan. It would take a strong and remarkable girl to have the maturity and love to make that decision. Megan, you have had your own experience through all of this I'm sure. I think you know, but let one more person confirm it, that Kami and Kyle are also remarkable people. That little boy will always be surrounded by love, supported and guided to become a great person. I think Debbie is right, your life will be filled with blessings. Thank you Megan.
Finally, I can comment. (I've been having trouble.) I, too, have learned there is much more to adoption. What a stressful, yet wonderful time it has been.
Post a Comment