I still keep one piece because it is made like iron
It was monogramed!!
Last night at our party, one of the kids got something they didn't like as much as what the other children got. I remember when I turned 16 and got Samsonite luggage for Christmas. My younger siblings got so many fun toys and I got luggage!
I found out last night that when Shauna was 16, we gave her scriptures and she felt the same way I did. Funny, I didn't know. Do you have a present you wanted and didn't get? Or one that you didn't like?
How about that pink mustang convertable you asked for, Kathy?
8 comments:
I was devistated but it was for my 17th birthday and I couldn't get over it for a few months. I got the pink furry ball keychain... what a mean trick from my parents. I did get a blue mustang convertible a few years later but had to share it with others in my family. I watched Christmas Home Movies and decided that being a MOM at Christmas is very stressful. You want everyone to be happy and, like Shauna, they aren't and you can see it in their faces but they don't want to tell you. Watching those home movies, I re-lived those terrible feelngs. Amanda's bike, Ashley's TV, Adam's "My Pal, Too". Very stressful!!! $80,000.....??
But the times that you do get it right (which was 99 % of the time mom) are priceless
When you start to get luggage and scriptures for Christmas, Christmas as you knew it is over.
P.S. That is a classic piece, Mom. :)
I could use that $80,000 right about now! But I have to admit the the expression on Tee's face when he opened the car might have been worth $80,000. Ha.
I guess we all have to grow up sometime.
Kami, I expected you to mention the juicer you never recieved.
Why don't I know who didn't like what they got?
Mine is the bunny rabbit that, after asking for it twice a year for 3 years, I gave up on. I told Dave that in our retirement we'll raise bunnies (cuz there aren't enough in the world)
I was going to bring up the juicer, but I realize now that good things come to those who wait, or to those who don't get what they want from their mom... WAAAA!
I finally got one "whats" bigger and better. :)
I know there will come a day to give scriptures or luggage to my kids. I am glad it is not for a while.
Post a Comment