Hey Mom, What's for dinner?

April 3, 2008

A post about JELL-O

My friend is fighting a monumental battle with cancer.

She wanted some red jello squares in a dish - the soft homemade kind. Not as she put it "the little cup of rubber jello" they give her in the hospital.
I took her some today and as she ate it, she got a look of pure joy on her face. I burst out laughing and told her I wish I had my camera. It really was priceless.

I will never look at jello in the same way.

4 comments:

kami @ nobiggie.net said...

That made me sad and happy. You are a nice friend.

P.S. I love 'homenade' jello too!

amanda said...

You are so nice and thoughtful. I hate cancer. I wish it didn't exist. It is so sad to see those we love waste away. Glad you made her day. Simple things is what it's all about:)

The Dows - Party of Five said...

I hope your friend will be okay. It's interesting what "comfort" food is to different people. I'm glad you made her jello.

Anonymous said...

That was so sweet. I love that she appreciated the Jell-o so much. I hope she is doing ok.