Hey Mom, What's for dinner?

September 6, 2009

It's been a long time


Our lives feel busy and a bit out of control. Our last Sunday at the Detention Center was last Sunday. I have cried a bit about being done with that. Today, I taught my first scary Gospel Doctrine class. "Bob" brings flowers from his amazing garden every week to grace the chapel and sometimes gives them to people after church. It is an honor. Today, after my class he gave them to me. They are gorgeous!!! Tee is on the High Council now and gone quite a bit. Anyway, just an update for now.

5 comments:

amanda said...

You sound a little down. I didn't know your calling was coming to an end. That is always so hard when you are called to a calling such as that. I suppose it is how missionaries feel when they come home.
Gospel Doctrine is a scary calling but I am sure you are fabulous.
A lady visited our church yesterday and she looked like you. I smiled as she went up and bore her testimony. Sometimes I long for things to go back to "normal" and other times I am glad for the opportunity to grow.
Glad to see you back to blogging:)

Shauna said...

I forgot to ask you how it went. What a nice thing the flowers. Very pretty.

Becky, yep said...

You are busy. Thanks for all your help this morning! Hope life settles down for you two!

kami @ nobiggie.net said...

Change makes me sad sometimes. You are Dad have just loved that calling, and I have loved hearing all about it from you both.

Those are beautiful!

Efamily said...

I know my mom and dad have loved that calling too. I am wondering how you got released before them? I think they are still there? hmmmmm.

I always remember this quote from the movie "Hope Floats"

"Beginnings are scary and endings are usually sad......It's what's in the middle that counts. Try and remember that when you find yourself at a new beginning"

Good luck on your next adventure!

Ali