Hey Mom, What's for dinner?

January 26, 2008

Great advice

A friend of mine said in life, you must act like a duck. (Swan - same thing - ha) You must stay calm on the surface and paddle like the dickins underneath.


Palm Desert 2008

8 comments:

Becky, yep said...

I've heard that one before.

Just think, if you were Bryan, that swan 'd be chasin' you!

Debbie said...

Also, It's sort of funny that "I" posted that one. Because if I were the duck, I would definately be swimming upside down without a drop of calmness and my webbed feet paddling like the dickins out of the water.

Lisa Cannon said...

Great saying. I've never heard that one before. Hope you had fun on your little get a way!

kami @ nobiggie.net said...

That is a great saying, I love it! We are glad you are back! :)

Bree said...

I'm not so good at the calm on the surface thing. I'm way to public with my furious paddling I'm afraid!

I love your We Love Sheep story. Who are these bakers they're hiring anyway?!

Anonymous said...

I want to know how "the Dickens" paddles. That is a great saying. Did you take the swan picture?

Debbie said...

I did take the picture. A swan was swiming right under the bridge I was on.

amanda said...

I feel like I'm a paddling like the Dickens but can't seem to stay above water most days :/