Hey Mom, What's for dinner?

January 29, 2008

Saying goodby

I have received 2 condolence messages from friends who are not LDS. There were 2 really good editorials from people of other faiths in the Trib this morning.

I talked to a friend who is in the Mormon Tabernacle Choir and asked what they would sing at the funeral. She said they didn't know yet, but wondered if one of the numbers would be his favorite song, "Oh Danny Boy."
The more days that go by, the more I feel like crying.

4 comments:

amanda said...

I feel the same way. A huge void is already being felt. The more I read and watch the more real it is, however I feel the same way I do about my Grandpa Ralph; I am better having known Pres. HInckley.

Anonymous said...

He was an amazing man and prophet. I cried sunday night and thought, I didn't know him personally but loved him. I think we all did.

kami @ nobiggie.net said...

I will always think of him as our prophet, the one we had through all the big events in our young adult lives. I am happy for him though to be with his sweet wife.

Lisa Cannon said...

He was such a cute man. I loved listening to him speak and he was funny! He will be missed!!! He really did a lot for the church and helped get it out there. He was great, we all loved him.