Hey Mom, What's for dinner?

May 13, 2008

Some soul soothing

Honestly, I wouldn't like to live by the ocean. But I love visiting it once a year or so.I like cloudy days more than sunny ones and I like the Pacific better than the Atlantic.I love listening to the waves and tasting salt on my lips and watching the view. I read somewhere that the ocean is one thing that involves all five senses. Popping corn uses all five senses also, but I will let Shauna blog about that. Kami and me at Newport.It doesn't hurt to have a little girl do tricks either.Oh yah, on our trip, we saw a lot of this:

8 comments:

amanda said...

Kami and her camera. She's gotta keep up her blog image:)
That is so nice of you to go with them to watch Avery. I hope you had fun.

Debbie said...

It really was fun, Amanda, but I have to be honest, I was very worried about your Mom.

Lisa Cannon said...

You are such a nice mom to tag along to watch Avery!!! We took my mom to Maui with us right after Max was born, to watch our kiddos. She loved it! We loved it!

Kami is the picture takin bloggin fool! Will is at the Instacare with Mark as I type this. A trampoline/ankle accident. I must admit as he was lying on the couch, crying, I was tempted to take a picture, but I didn't!!!

Anners said...

I love the ocean too (it's so powerful and the light there is really beautiful), but I always miss our mountains (: - there is nothing like returning home and seeing them again. It always makes me feel so solid.

kami @ nobiggie.net said...

It really is soul soothing. I am glad you came with us. We loved having you there.

P.S. My camera misses you. ;)

rachel said...

I didn't realize just how much I would miss the ocean. I love looking out on the horizon and feeling like you are on the edge of the world. I can't wait to get to the beach :)

Becky, yep said...

I LOVE the ocean! It's on my to do's before I die to live there! Maybe in 18 years, wink, wink!

Shauna said...

Oh man Beck's 18 year plan. Love Avery doing tricks on the sand so cute. The Ocean involves all 5 senses as does "Popping Corn and having fun." Looks like you all had a great time. Kam, step away from the camera!