Hey Mom, What's for dinner?

February 1, 2008

Come on you guys. Now that was a real winter!


The winter of 1993 was amazing. School was canceled and the snow just kept falling for about a week.

We couldn't drive down the street because the snow plows couldn't get to the side roads, so we just played and played.

Our neighbor Mike Bean made a huge pot of chili and invited all the adults in the neighborhood over for dinner. Bless you Mike!

8 comments:

Becky, yep said...

gotta love TR flexing his...coat!

amanda said...

That was the year we had to shovel our roof and my mom broke her leg. My mom will never forget that year.
Ah...Mike!

Lisa Cannon said...

I remember trying to park at good ole BHS and there weren't enough parking stalls as it was, but with the snow, it was horrible. I don't think school has been cancelled since then.

Anonymous said...

I remember that. That snowman was huge. Bry and I were newlyweds. Truly I am thankful for the snow, just think global warming.

kami @ nobiggie.net said...

Those pictures are crazy! I am thankful for all the snow we are getting.

I love how that snow man has a beach towel, a tennis racket and a ball. Just think warm - huh.

Lisa Cannon said...

We are getting dumped on this morning (Sun.). We have at least a foot of new snow and poor Mark - we don't have a snowblower. He's been out shoveling for almost 2 hours!! And, I called my mom to check on them and they don't have any snow. Go figure!

Debbie said...

Lisa, We haven't gotten any snow at our house, but it was snowing like crazy at 3300 south. WHAT?

Heidi said...

I keep hoping that it snows so much that I can just keep the kids home from school and we can play outside all day!!!

Those photos are so fun to see!