Hey Mom, What's for dinner?

March 14, 2008

Go Green -this is serious

This is my response to Kami's challenge. The following is a good book about our auto industry and pollution.



I will never ever buy an SUV. This is an issue I am rigid about. Every single thing we can do to protect the earth helps, but there is nothing we can personally do that will help our "MOTHER" as much as changing our driving habits.

OK. Off the soapbox.

8 comments:

Lisa Cannon said...

I love my SUV. What else can you fit a ton of people in? I was listening to Doug Wright just the other day and he brought up a good point. His whole family fits in an SUV, otherwise they would need to take two cars - defeating the purpose and hurting the environment even more. He said he's glad he drives one. I guess he hit a cow and he's glad he was in a big car. That he likely would have been dead in a small car. It's hard. These days with huge car seats and all of our kiddos, we need big cars. I can see your point though. I wouldn't drive a big car if I didn't have to. We do take Marks more efficient car whenever possible. I hate that we're so dependant on oil/gas. They need to figure something out!!! My car will take Ethanol, but it is SO confusing to use - there are so many rules when putting Ethanol into my car, that I just gave up. Plus, now they are saying that Ethanol isn't very efficient to make.

Anonymous said...

We have 7 in our family and we fill every seat in our minivan. I love my van. I wish they would make a hybrid van, I am sure they will soon. I read that book and I got really fired up I even debated people on this issue, it is a hard one because if you have more than 5 kids you need a bigger car. There are definitely 2 sides to every issue.

Debbie said...

True story on both comments.

kami @ nobiggie.net said...

I agree with Lisa! As soon as we can afford a Hybrid SUV and I am ready to say goodbye to the car I have. Then I will do it!

Becky, yep said...

BTW, this is Dave...I have the motorcycle, efficient on gas, plus I look like a "bad ass"...I'm getting a side car next year that will accomodate a car seat, so my kids can look like "Mini-Finn Bad Asses"...

Lisa Cannon said...

DAVE! You are one of a kind! Poor Becky!

amanda said...

Shame on the swearing on your mom in laws blog.
I loved my SUV. I can't wait to get another one...so there:)

Heather said...

We have a Ford Escape Hybrid. Big as a small SUV, gas of a small car.